Aircraft Wrecks Of The Pacific Northwest

Dave McCurry

I am writing a new book called Aircraft Wrecks Of The Pacific Northwest and was wondering if anyone has stumbled across any aircraft wrecks in the high country of WA and OR. I am needing some photos of these if anyone has any to offer to this book. I can use most any and am especially interested in some from the two Northrop F-89 crash sites near Salish Peak near Darrington, Washington. Thanks and I really appreciate your help.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took this on Rainier, just under the Kautz glacier on the "Turtle"

100_4081.JPG

I assume its a piece from this:

http://www.historylink.org/index.cfm?DisplayPage=output.cfm&file_id=7820

You're welcome to use the pic, if you promise to send me a bottle of fine single-barrel bourbon if the book makes you rich. Otherwise, a credit will do... but you have to list me as Handover Fistinpoon. That's my real name.

Handover,

I'm not going to get rich by any means. Pilots and book writers are generally poor people. Interesting find though. The story of this wreck is in my second book; Aircraft Wrecks Of The Pacific Northwest, Volume 2.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by Dave McCurry

Profile for crazedmaniac

Member #: 9499 Online

Title: journeyman

Total Posts: 75

Total Trip Reports: 0

Total Photos: 29

Registered on: 11/12/05 11:10 AM

This is the Guy you want to talk to regarding plane wrecks at Darrington....He goes by Zippy Craze.

Hi, Dave, I sent you a pm with my contact info. If you are still interested, I have several quality images of the F89's crash site on the Salish divide. Not saying you shouldn't try, but good luck with Chris(crazedmaniac)... He's, shall we say, quite recalcitrant.

• 3 months later...

Olympic Peninsula: Tull canyon Trail

scattered remains of B-17 that crashed in 1941 killing 6. It was discovered years later by hunters. It is not far from Tull City. If you don't already know about this and the location I can send more details.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...