7 mile Crag

Eric K

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skagit valley, mountain project 7 mile is one of three crags in the area and all are above 3000' and there is almost never anyone there which is nice after many busy days at index. I would recommend picking up a copy of Brandon's guide book. They sell it at the big rock cafe which is more or less on the way.

Stoked to see people finally getting out there! There are some classic routes for sure. The initial slabby section of the formation has some pretty slick serpentine but the rest of the crag does have some decent friction doesn't it.

Did you get the send on the project???!!!

I've come really close but haven't linked the red-point yet... success with a couple falls.

We were calling it Yin Dao because of the vagina like feature near the top that wants to spit you out. Beautiful sport route! Grade Erik???

If you havent done Xin, Red Panda, Outsourced, Unemployment Line, Idiot Box and Scrub Tech those are all great 11's outsourced maybe being 12. Potential for harder shit too ya'll!

-Brandon

I definitely did not a send! I could link bottom to crux and crux to top, but could not climb through the crux. I have no idea how to grade routes but since I could get up it couldn't have been more than an easy 12. I will be back for sure. Let me know if you want a belay so you can show me how its done.

Eric