To the Army guys

Sean_Halling

Last I heard Rosser is still at AAI. One of the guys I worked with on Rainier used to guide at AAI with Rosser. None of you must of gone to Ranger School in the winter. Dahlonega in Dec. is no fun when you can't eat or sleep, but watching hooah's trying to rappel with a buddy on their back down a ice-covered cliff without crampons is pretty interesting....unless you are the one who gets hurt and recycled I guess.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dugway in the summer of '98. Come on now...you mean '88. I was in desert phase in Nov. of 91 and I was in good ole' Bliss. I think desert phase in Dugway ended in '89 or '90. It's only too bad there were no waterfalls out there around Bliss...cause when I went it was cold enough to do some ice climbing. I remember we could never get H20 supplies at the water buffalos cause they were always frozen solid. It made you eager to patrol though, so you could warm up. Ah memories!

Sean,

well, I didn't go to Dugway, was a summer Ranger, and got to witness the "safest" Florida phase in Ranger school history (right after the four deaths)--and come the Army's birthday this June, I too will have achieved the 'Army' standard and be qualified to wear the black beret! [unless, of course, I have an ounce of self-respect and decide to get out before then.]

Dave:P

------------------

Ya but Dave you went, "back before it was hard." Didn't you get 3 meals a day and at least 6 hours of sleep a night. I heard your rucks were transported to the obj. via truck too. Better be careful Gen. Shinshecki may be listening. You keep that up you may get sent somewhere like Ft. Drum. Oh ya we all know you're a lifer! Do you have enough leave saved up for Denali? Or will you be on some peacekeeping mission? S