• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Sean_Halling

To the Army guys

Last I heard Rosser is still at AAI. One of the guys I worked with on Rainier used to guide at AAI with Rosser. None of you must of gone to Ranger School in the winter. Dahlonega in Dec. is no fun when you can't eat or sleep, but watching hooah's trying to rappel with a buddy on their back down a ice-covered cliff without crampons is pretty interesting....unless you are the one who gets hurt and recycled I guess.

Oops...this was supposed to be a reply at the other board where everyone was talking about Ranger School. Dave I know you must have gone in the summer.

Hey...what is wrong with summer Rangers?

I would rather sweat it off then freeze it off!!! It was 100 degrees in Florida, and then and it hit 115 everyday in Dugway during summer of 1998.

Dugway in the summer of '98. Come on now...you mean '88. I was in desert phase in Nov. of 91 and I was in good ole' Bliss. I think desert phase in Dugway ended in '89 or '90. It's only too bad there were no waterfalls out there around Bliss...cause when I went it was cold enough to do some ice climbing. I remember we could never get H20 supplies at the water buffalos cause they were always frozen solid. It made you eager to patrol though, so you could warm up. Ah memories!

Sean,

well, I didn't go to Dugway, was a summer Ranger, and got to witness the "safest" Florida phase in Ranger school history (right after the four deaths)--and come the Army's birthday this June, I too will have achieved the 'Army' standard and be qualified to wear the black beret! [unless, of course, I have an ounce of self-respect and decide to get out before then.]

Dave:P

------------------

Ya but Dave you went, "back before it was hard." Didn't you get 3 meals a day and at least 6 hours of sleep a night. I heard your rucks were transported to the obj. via truck too. Better be careful Gen. Shinshecki may be listening. You keep that up you may get sent somewhere like Ft. Drum. Oh ya we all know you're a lifer! Do you have enough leave saved up for Denali? Or will you be on some peacekeeping mission? S

You guys keep kickin' ass. I am off to Lillooet ice fest. If ya wanna join me you better jump in. I was in 3-95 baby.

-Ray

Sean,

we got 4 meals a day and sang "kum-by-ya" on the objective. And those trucks you heard about didn't transport our rucks--they transported us straight to the ORP. Really good skills to learn for today's "Army of One!"

Dave

Some of us have to work weekends and can't go to climbing festivals. Oh well when we are off during the week, at least we have no crowds. I hope the ice gods smiled on you.