• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
diggler

Volcano cond's, esp. Adams & Jefferson Glaciers?

Title pretty much sums it up. Would love an excuse to get up to Washington, & I've got a 2nd date with Jefferson on the way. Anybody know the conditions? Vehicle access? Snow line? Crevasses/'schrunds? Anybody interested in meeting up to do either? In case you're unfamiliar with the routes, both mostly steep snow to icefall/(from what I understand) mellow ice climbing; some easier rock climbing on volcanic choss (i.e. possible belays), too. I'd be driving from the Bay Area. Beta appreciated- thanks!

Edited by diggler

As of last Sunday, consistent snow on Mt. Adams started at about 5800 feet, so just past the Cold Springs (south side) trailhead. Road is driveable to within a few hundred feet of the actual trailhead.

Snow coverage is good on the upper mountain, but it's melting out quickly. Some scattered rockfall near the base of the SW Chutes in the expected spots. No major suncups yet, so everything's easily skiable if you're into that sort of thing.

Hope that helps. Do with this knowledge as you see fit.