Jammies are back

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and face the ridicule from folks in squish? I get crap for wearing tape mitts.

I got crap from folks in bellingham for wearing the original crack mitts way back when.

stranger's opinions matter to my weak personal ego. :)

I dare anyone to try and jam on White Feather pitch without taping. It really helps to get solid jams, particularly if the crack is wet inside. A lot of guys in Squamish are using them. But you have to get this particular model, as the rest of them simply suck.

big hands -- mine are ENORMOUS -- wide and thick with short fingers so that most gloves that I can find big enough to pull on usually have quarter-to-half-inch too much length in finger. in most black diamond models, the largest size is not big enough. I've used xl ocun mitts for three years now. they're cushie, thin enough to feel the rodck a little; I still prefer tape for more sensitivity in some jams -- feel like i lose just a bit of feel in these even as thin as the padding is. still - for most work, and especially LONG stretches (multiple days of multiple pitch jamming) hard to beat

Crack Gloves should be acquired over a period of years of scar tissue on back of your hands. Start on Classic Crack your first year to get a good base, then work your way through other sharp classics like Deb's Crack, Royal Flush, etc... After ~10 years you'll have all the skin protection you'll ever need without the limp wrist.

Thanks for posting, I got mine just in time to wear them on the Grand Wall in Squamish this week. I tried on the Hand Jammies once and didn't like them but I borrowed the Ocun's for a pitch last year and liked them better. They sure made the jams on the split pillar much nicer. I just hate wasting so much tape every trip, especially if I only need it for a few pitches.