[TR] The Tooth - Standard 5/31/2014

spotly

Trip: The Tooth - Standard

Date: 5/31/2014

Trip Report:

The winter approach is still in ok condition. Snow was firm enough early morning but post holed a fair about through the basin on the way out.

No big plug at the top of Pineapple Pass and there was even a nice tunnel to crawl through (or go over). There's still a fair amount of snow on the back side of the pass so we were forced to go lower than normal. No biggie though, since there were good steps.

The rock route was snow-free and dry.

Two single rope raps from the base of the rock got us back to mellower than normal snow in the basin. There's a bundle of webbing w/link on climbers left at the base of the first rap.

Fun day out and had the route to ourselves till the last rap. Sure got hot on the way out though...oi.

I twisted my leg up pretty bad post-holing between two boulders in the basin and now my knee is twice normal size. Doesn't seem to hurt though...unless I bend it too far.

I brought an ice ax and used it on the backside of Pineapple Pass. Partner did not and seemed to do fine.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic