Climber partner needed this summer

Hey guys and gals,

My name's Kevin, I'm 28, from the Portland area but living and working in conservation in Belize. I'll be home this summer in late July through early September, and would really like to get some good climbs in. I prefer snow/ice routes of moderate difficulty, preferably technical but on the easy to moderate side of the technical route spectrum. I've done a lot of climbing, but only a few technical climbs, and need practice and a good partner or 2. I do know what I'm doing and am confident at this level of difficulty.

I'm open to ideas for climbs, but the ones I'm most excited about would be things like DC and Gib Ledges on Rainier, Yocum Ridge/Cathedral Ridge/Cooper Spur on Hood, Adams and Mazama Glacier routes on Adams, Hotlum Glacier on Shasta (with the ice chute at the top), the glacier routes up Middle and North Sister, any routes up Jefferson and Washington, etc. I have a good amount of snow/ice gear, not too much rock gear...and I do have transportation. I'm a laid back person and easy to get along with. I don't need my climbing partner to be a seasoned climbing veteran but you'd need to at least be confident climbing at or near this level. Please drop me a line and we can coordinate something!

cheers,

Kevin

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kevin.

I might be interested in partnering up later this summer. I recently moved to Salem after many years of splitting my time between Argentina and California. I would definitely be interested in Jefferson or Washington or Three Fingered Jack. I am especially looking for a partner for Jefferson, as I may end up soloing the other two before you get here. I am certainly interested in all of the other mountains that you have mentioned, but I would have to study up on some of the routes, I suspect many of them would be rather ambitious for me at this time.

I have considerable solo alpine scrambling experience and basic rock & snow skills. I'm right at the level where I need to start carrying a second tool because I'm pushing the limits of what I can do with a single ice axe. Similarly, I've done several glacier climbs by myself, but it's time to start being responsible and traveling with a partner in more complex terrain. I have a rope and a light alpine rack.

Anyway, let me know what you think as the dates get closer...

-Jeff