St. Helens & Adams Travel Recommendations

jstluise

We managed to get a couple permits for St. Helens for the beginning of July. Thought it might be fun to Adams while we are down that direction.

We are coming from the Seattle area, so my question is: If you were to climb St.Helens and Adams, which driving route would you take to get there and which would you climb first?

I've been to Cold Spring CG, and we took the route from the north side through Randle. What I don't know about is the route between the climbs, Forest Road 90. Seems to be a well-traveled road.

I'm thinking maybe do Adams first, coming down through Randle, then heading over to Helens via FS90, and then back up I5?

Any advice would be appreciated! Regardless of what route we choose, it is going to be a lot of driving!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Climbed to the summit of Adams Wednesday and had to park my /VW Jetta 3.25 miles below Cold Springs campground. If you have a high clearance 4WD rig you might make it 1/2 mile farther. Otherwise it'll be a couple of more weeks of warmer weather to get to the campground.