What are you climbing?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty new to the PNW, so im looking at hitting up the enchantments the first time for the long memorial day weekend. Base camping, then doing some day climbs. Never been to the area, any suggestions on a good base camp site to access a number of climbs. not sure what climbs im going to do yet due to unsure route conditions. looking at Dragontail, colchuck, Prusik, any other must do's?

Pretty new to the PNW, so im looking at hitting up the enchantments the first time for the long memorial day weekend. Base camping, then doing some day climbs. Never been to the area, any suggestions on a good base camp site to access a number of climbs. not sure what climbs im going to do yet due to unsure route conditions. looking at Dragontail, colchuck, Prusik, any other must do's?

Those will be covered in snow. Snow Creek Wall should be fine, but it will be CROWDED. Icicle Creek had more climbers than ticks last weekend! (And I saw plenty of ticks)

looking at Dragontail, colchuck, Prusik, any other must do's?
A friend did Colchuck last weekend via the Glacier and said conditions were good. Plus the permit season for overnighting hasn't started yet.

Good place to look look around at bigger challenges for next time too

looking at Dragontail, colchuck, Prusik, any other must do's?
A friend did Colchuck last weekend via the Glacier and said conditions were good. Plus the permit season for overnighting hasn't started yet.

Good place to look look around at bigger challenges for next time too

I assumed, perhaps mistakenly, that he was looking for rock routes.

...Plus the permit season for overnighting hasn't started yet....Good place to look look around at bigger challenges for next time too

These were 2 main thoughts i had about the enchantments. Im dont mind seeing a few people but i would rather stay away from crowded crags. @Rad, your assumption wasn't incorrect, i am looking for rock routes but not limited to that.

I will have my wife with me so i wont be getting on any hard rock routes with her.

@dave schultz We have climbed the SW Rib on SEWS before so...looking for another area that we haven't visited.