[TR] Iceland - Snæfellsjökull, Tröllaskagi, Vatnajökull and more 3/27/2014

Trip: Iceland - Snæfellsjökull, Tröllaskagi, Vatnajökull and more

Date: 3/27/2014

Trip Report:

Cody, Stephen and I spent two weeks road tripping, living out of a tent on pasta and hot dogs, and climbing/skiing everything in sight all throughout Iceland.

This is our story.

Sorry to link a blog post, but there's just too many large pictures to re-upload here. It would take me an extra few hours. As to not make your click on this TR a total waste of time, here's a pretty picture to look at! There's more like this at the link.

Enjoy!

AmsgxC9l.jpg

Gear Notes:

Tent, about 5 pairs of skis and skins, lots of whisky and Stoke

Approach Notes:

IcelandAir

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good TR. It's an interesting place. Some nominal climbing; long, steep scree slopes that went on forever and were interesting to run as you could get the whole affair moving and you just had to sort of run in place and ride it down.

The oddest thing was the women - it's like there are six beautiful archetypal women and you keep seeing them over and over everywhere you go. That, and they are all in burlier shape than the men on average. My friend kept asking why all the girls were doing the outside work while the men were all inside at desks.

Food on the other hand was pretty abysmal: fish pickled in more ways then you would have thought possible.

All in all it's an interesting stopover if you're headed for Europe.