Alpine Partner?

I am looking for a new alpine climbing partner to swap leads with this summer. Some of the peaks I plan on climbing are Goode, Forbidden, Cutthroat, and so on. Open to just about anything as long as I have not climbed it yet. I am fit and move pretty fast on the approach. Also, I can lead 5.10 at the crag and give a mean belay. Interested? We can spend a weekend at Leavenworth cragging and see if we are a good fit. I climb at VW Seattle a few times a week and am willing to meet there first too. Must be competent, climb at or near my level, and most importantly must be safe. Hit me up if you are interested.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep me in mind...I am in and out of WA a lot (work in Wyoming, projecting for a book in Montana, but live in WA). Goode, Jburg, Moxes and Tupshin are my primary N Cascade Goals this year plus whatever alpine cragging in the Stuart Range I get to. I might be returning to WA in a week or so as well but still not 100% sure.

Feel free to Email me at mlemke100@gmail.com

I can lead 5.8 comfortably in the alpine perhaps 5.9 on a good day. I also don't like repeating climbs lol

• 3 weeks later...

Interested in doing snow/ice climbs without big rock elements? I climb at 5.8-5.9 level but in alpine settings it's hard and I'm still learning. I'm confident in snow/ice climbs though, up to a moderate difficulty anyway, and would love to do some this August and early Sep., on Rainier, Adams, Hood, Shasta, and more. If you're interested, PM me.

cheers!

Kevin