Looking for - Non Technical Call 4 routes in NCNP

Tapas

I am planning to do some climbing in North Cascade in memorial week end.

I am looking for some routes in - North Cascade which is equivalent to - Mt. Shasta Avalanche Gulch route.

Please suggests suitable routes.

I can climb anything till it not require roping, since i dont have a establish partner who can belay me at this time.

I am proficient with - Crampon and ice axe.

Since I am in Northern California routes nearer to this side will be easy access for me.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I am in Northern California routes nearer to this side will be easy access for me.

Once you make the drive from Northern California, you might as well consider anything in the park. Ruth Mountain, or Ruth-Icy Traverse, Eldorado Peak - East Ridge, Sahale Peak, Silver Star Mt, Mt Buckner south side. None are like Shasta, in that they are not volcanos, but all are high, snowy, scenic and don't absolutely require a partner, although there are some crevasses on Ruth - Icy and Eldorado if you stray off the East Ridge.

Although not in NCNP, Mt. Stuart Cascadian Couloir route does not require a partner and is a few hours closer to you.

Although not in NCNP, Mt. Stuart Cascadian Couloir route does not require a partner and is a few hours closer to you.

If you are broadening your horizons to the rest of the Cascades, Colchuck Glacier, Adams South Spur, SS Mt Hood would all fit the bill.

Eldorado Peak - East Ridge... don't absolutely require a partner, although there are some crevasses on Ruth - Icy and Eldorado if you stray off the East Ridge.

I agree that Eldo doesn't absolutely require a partner, but in order to reach the base of the east ridge you have to cross the Eldorado Glacier, which is heavily crevassed in the ablation zone. Some people might feel comfortable crossing this solo, but it's not something to be taken lightly.

Sahale Arm is a gorgeous climb with a less strenuous approach and no crevasse hazard exposure.