Yosemite Advice

Jeffery09

I am looking for some advice. I have been into mountaineering for a few years but now looking to expand and learn some sport climbing. I know how to belay and I know how to tie in ( basics from glacier travel). I will be living in Fresno california this summer and was wondering how to best approach learning. Would you recommend a specific class? If so, could you recommend an outfitter. My goal is to join a few friends in the tetons in July on the owen spaulding route. Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drive to camp 4 during the night, pull into the campground and get in line at 5am to get a spot. Live in camp 4 as much as you can during the summer. Meet as many people as you can and offer them cold beer and burritos-warm beer works too. Camp 4 is one of the friendliest climber places around. Be up front about you abilities and you should find people to take you out. The reader board is full of partner requests. If you can't find a partner go bouldering.