Spring/ summer splitboard pants

Woodcutter

Anyone know a good summer/ spring pant.

Really could do with having a waterproof ass & knees, yet be lightweight. Sitting on the snow taking in the view is one of the great pleasures of snowboarding, as is dicking with your terrible set up while kneeling.

Thanks for contributing your brain cycles.

Jake

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OR Trailbreaker maybe (I think that's what it's called)? Softshell uppers, hardshell from the knee down. More skiing oriented, but then again I don't really know anyone who is making waterproof knees and butt without the whole pant being waterproof. The OR pants have served me well for 3 seasons now. Just don't use the beacon pocket and tomahawk for 500ft; you'll rip the pants.

Maybe just take a small sit-pad or sit on the pack instead of goretex-ass?

maybe a little DIY is in order? get a cheap pair of softshell pants and sew on a waterproof section to the rear of the pant? may look bad but the fashion police are not patrolling the mtns and the media don't care about splitboarding.

I waterproofed my kids cheap ass part of his ski pants by putting on LOTS of seam grip. looks funny. works for lift skiing. prolly won't work for high exertion sports. wet sweaty butt.

I've really been loving the Flylow Magnum BC pant for touring. They have full length welded side zips, thigh vents, bomber cordura knees and are pretty breathable (some proprietary membrane). I especially like the fit, which is not park rat baggy but not climbing pant nut hugger either, might be too baggy for some but just right for me. I've had friends get cordura butt reinforcement slapped on Flylows before, with good results (the gear repair lady in town is a certified magician).

Edited by epst10

Thanks fellas,

+1 vote for the OR trailbreaker pants, they are my usual pants in winter but they are too thick for summer.

I reckon the sewing machine may have to come out & I'll sew a big stretch goretex ass patch on some cotton pants. Knees I may do without as I get so hot that it's nice to be able to roll them up. Sweating up the volcanoes for the spring cornfest, or slushfest, I can't cope with shell materials as I run hot like a furnace.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Edited by Woodcutter

Surf trunks and a sit pad...?

I actually have a pair of super simple Stoic softshell pants that I've been happy with. I don't kneel very much and if I'm stopping to enjoy the view then usually I'll sit on my pack or flip my split over and sit on the base of it.

• 1 month later...