Sport/Trad/Alpine/Ski partners in Portland

automated_build

Hi there. I've been getting into climbing over the past few years but this summer I've got free from work and I'd like to use that time to start in on things more seriously.

I've gone through the Mazamas BCEP and ICS classes, now taking AR with them. It's conservative and theoretical but I think it's a good grounding in glacier travel, avy asessment, high angle rescue systems, etc etc.

I'm decently fit - I recently hiked Ruckle Ridge to the Benson Plateau in 110 minutes, I was leading (and falling) on 5.10 the last time I went sport climbing at Smith (last year... wow), and I can sideslip just about anything at Meadows.

Experience: I've done Hood bunch of times, been on Shuksan and the various walk-up-with-a-spires: tatoosh, jack, broken top. Steep snow once. Recently I've been trying to get more skiing in.

My goals ideally for this year would include making a trip to the North Cascades for a week or so to climb Eldorado, Shuksan, and Forbidden Peak, and I'd like to make a trip out to Leavenworth in the near future.

Close to town I'd like to get out to Ozone more regularly, and tick off the wyeast, sandy, and sunshine routes on Hood.

So uh, PM me and we'll meet up at Base Camp or PRG. Being flexible enough for spontaneous "hey, wyeast tonight?" outings is a plus

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi man,I live in Portland too and have plenty of time whole spring/summer.

I would love to get out as much as possible and use every weather window we get.

I like your idea of meeting at Base Camp and discuss some goals.

Let me know when and if you like to get together.

About me,climbed most of the volcano`s (Hood,Adams,Jefferson,Shasta,...)I`m Belgian and climbed mostly in the Alps (Chamonix) 2 expeditions in Alaska,...

• 4 weeks later...

I'll join you any time you want a rock partner. My ideal days are lots of 5.10 pitches, trad or sport. I've been climbing as a guide/instructor for about 8 years now, have the amga certs, wfr, and am looking to get to Smith, Leavenworth, and Squamish a lot over the next 6 months.

Bryan

- Best to reach me by phone/text since I don't check this website too often...

503-593-1626

I will be in Portland area this next week for a few days. I have Tuesday, May 20th free and would love to get out and climb at Ozone, the Far Side or Broughton Bluff. Happy to lead or follow trad or sport up to 5.10ish. PM, text, or email me if you have the day off and want to get out climbing.

Marlin Thorman

westbnsf@gmail.com

509-710-3867