FS: HMG Ultamid 2, perimeter netting and extras

dgoggins

I have a Hyperlite Mountain Gear Ultamid 2 in excellent condition, used 2 nights on the trail. My young son now wants to come with us on more trips so I'm going to be using a larger Mid this season.

This Mid has perimeter bug netting added by HMG. They did an excellent job...instead of stitching the netting to the very bottom of the perimeter (like I've seen some companies do), they bonded a small strip of cuben about 2 inches above the perimeter and then folded it inward, and then stitched the netting to that, so there is no chance of rain to catch on the netting and go inwards. If you don't want the netting, you can easily cut it off. I was actually about to do a mod where I was going to cut off the netting, and add Zpacks cuben Velcro tape strips to Velcro the netting to the strip of cuben along the perimeter, but I'll probably do that on the larger mid I purchase. But if you did, it would be as easy as sticking tape to the mid, no sewing required, and would give you the ability to remove the netting when not needed (like winter).

I also have two carbon fiber trekking pole extenders that you can use to create an inverted V if you do not want a pole in the center of the mid. Quite comfortable.

And, if you don't know already, the Ultamid 2 is quite a bit more comfortable than the Duomid, since it is wider and has the door on the shorter side, so each sleeper has access to the door without having to climb over the other occupant.

The Ultamid 2 retails for $675 + $50 perimeter netting + $28 cuben fiber pole extenders + $15 shipping = $768. I would like $615

If you have any questions, just let me know via PM.

5116.thumb.jpg.de5e8a8512c4c276b382d42b287daa7c.jpg

5117.thumb.jpg.1d26fb61f665f437a5890f0ee978fb47.jpg

5118.thumb.jpg.aa6cdedaa78a44ee784dd4f65658c279.jpg

5120.thumb.jpg.af202da0a961d4acaf2f0cb538415c77.jpg

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images