Index UTW falcon closure?

Rad

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Didn't even notice the dates. I climbed DHLA a couple times last year before July. Never had a clue about the closure, and based on the number of people I had to wait behind, nobody else did either. The birds didn't seem to mind. Wonder if the base jumpers are aware.

Ha! Didn't even notice the dates. I climbed DHLA a couple times last year before July. Never had a clue about the closure, and based on the number of people I had to wait behind, nobody else did either. The birds didn't seem to mind. Wonder if the base jumpers are aware.

It was just a few weeks ago.

The cliff we call the Diamond will be closed to climbing pending further notice. This wall is along the Upper Town Wall row of cliffs, off to the far right from cliffs drawing more climbing activity such as the main Upper Town Wall (Heaven's Gate, Davis-Holland and Town Crier), or The Cheeks (The Beach; The Zipper). Centerfold is probably the most popular climb on The Diamond.

Read more about it on the Washington Climbers Coalition web site, along with information on over 30 different areas around the state and information about access issues and stewardship efforts.

Ind2014closure.jpg

Find viewable image and information at Washington Climbers Coalition page on Index.