• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
joshXX

ROCK CLIMBING RESEARCH

Im a student working on my under graduate thesis at Cal State Northridge. Im distributing a survey to determine

1. Which factors influence rock climbers when choosing a climbing location and how far are they willing to travel?

2. Which climbing spots are most popular?

3. Are there any commonly shared demographics between climbers?

With the data gathered, I'll be able to created a map displaying where climbers live in relation to where they are climbing and which sites are most popular.

Although my research area is California, I'm only collecting surveys from Southern California.

Here is the link to my survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/929ZSC6

Thank you for your help!

Although my research area is California, I'm only collecting surveys from Southern California.

Josh, by this do you mean you only want responses from climbers who live in Southern California? And what is your demarcation between South and North?

Very very few so cal climbers here, I can only think of a couple and they don't come around much anymore. You're better off trying Supertopo.com, very California centric.

Hey Chris,

My demarcation is San Luis obispo, kern, San Bernardino, Santa Barbara, Ventura, L.A, Organe, Riverside, San Diego, and Imperial.

I would prefer responses from climbers who live any where in the counties listed above. I have received replies from Northern California (above my demarcation) but I will find a way to utilize them in my rock climbing study.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks again!