New Guy

Z.Yakush

Hey there, I am new to the forums.

I live out in Port Townsend and have jut begun my journey into the world of climbing. I've always done multi-day backpacking trip and short 1 day climbs of non-technical mountains but just recently got into the idea of climbing some more technical routes.

My summer goals are Mt.Deception, Mt. Constance, and possibly Olympus. I really just want to gain experience so any mountains will do.

All the knowledge I have is from books (Freedom of the hills, crevasse rescue, etc.) and I don't know anybody who is into climbing. So I am looking for someone or some people who are more experience then me so that I can tag along and learn.

I just found this website and am stoked to meet some more people out there and hopefully can learn a thing or two.

PM me or (username)@gmail.com

-Z

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the site! I'm originally from Olympic Peninsula (Forks>Quilcene>Port Angeles) so thus my username (no, I have nothing to do with Olympia). I'm in Seattle now.

Having the Olympics as your backyard playground is awesome! The peaks you mention are great adventures.

I would add a couple of my favorites to your list, and these are a bit easier but still great scrambles you can do in a day (if you haven't already done them):

Mt Stone

The Brothers

If you are comfortable with the routefinding/navigation and exposure on these ones you may be ready for Deception or Constance (depending on the season/route/conditions). Olympus is the only one of the three that has a lot of glacier travel and a summit block that you'll want to rope up on (not saying you won't want to use a rope for the others, depends on the route and conditions and your risk acceptance).

I used to know more people in PT, but most have moved on!