Bouldering near millcreek

Miket123

I'm a teenager who doesn't have the means of commuting to a gym other then by bike and was wondering if anyone knew of a decent boulder anywhere near by. It doesn't need to be anything special just enough difficult problems to keep me in shape even buildering is an option if someone could help me out that would be great

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, if it was Mill Creek Utah, things would be different!

I wish I could help you more than this:

Obviously you probably know the nearest gym is probably Everett.

Don't ever rule out the bus as a method of getting around. I used to live out on the Olympic Peninsula, and while it took a while, the bus got me to places I really wanted to go.

One of the best alpine climbers to come out of the Northwest is Colin Haley, and he just found a way to make it happen when he was a teenager. He found people who were willing to drive him (friends, parents, whatever), or rode the bus, whatever. Transportation is totally an obstacle you can overcome.

Sorry, I don't know anything to climb on in that area, but maybe try being a little more resourceful with your transportation options. I'm betting you can get to some great climbing. Good luck man, and welcome to CC.com! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need any help. I can't give you any rides because I'm not in that area, but maybe someone else can (though I'd get your parents OK before getting any rides with someone you don't know!)

Don't discount riding the bike either: it's an excellent way to build your aerobic base in the process of getting wherever you need to go. When I was a teen, I used to ride ~1 hour each way to rowing practice after school. Exhausting work at first, but totally worth it.