some nostalgia

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You weren't the young man who went to Shorewood HS who got hassled by a Larry the Toll wanna-be for bouldering at Bruces Boulder following the '94 fires?

Why yes, that was me! If I recall, I was doing my first top rope at Barney's Rubble; and both me and my partner Steve were slapped with a 100 dollar ticket by a ranger looking like santa clause. So, disheartened and ticket in hand, we drove down to Peshastin pinnacles where we were later that day, confronted by said ranger,and accused of running over government signs. He crawled beneath my beater hatchback civic, and said a couple scratches on the oil pan looked fresh, and that his forensic partners could come and corroborate that I was the perpetrator. A week later he called and apologized to my parents, after apprehending the culprit.

Were you that older gentleman giving us sage council? Thanks for reminding of this story. Yeah, I'll never forget that one.

You weren't the young man who went to Shorewood HS who got hassled by a Larry the Toll wanna-be for bouldering at Bruces Boulder following the '94 fires?

Why yes, that was me! If I recall, I was doing my first top rope at Barney's Rubble; and both me and my partner Steve were slapped with a 100 dollar ticket by a ranger looking like santa clause. So, disheartened and ticket in hand, we drove down to Peshastin pinnacles where we were later that day, confronted by said ranger,and accused of running over government signs. He crawled beneath my beater hatchback civic, and said a couple scratches on the oil pan looked fresh, and that his forensic partners could come and corroborate that I was the perpetrator. A week later he called and apologized to my parents, after apprehending the culprit.

Were you that older gentleman giving us sage council? Thanks for reminding of this story. Yeah, I'll never forget that one.

Wholly muckie eye, I was 34 at the time! We talked because you said you went to Shorewood, and I said I was in the first graduating class of Shorewood. I was the one that let you know that I saw the signs knocked down previously to you driving out. I always kicked myself that I never wrote a letter to the district ranger on that tool, cause you know, letters from older gentlemen like myself pull weight with the man! :lmao: