[TR] Elkhorn Range, Anthony Lakes - Lees Peak 3/13/2014

jrex

Trip: Elkhorn Range, Anthony Lakes - Lees Peak

Date: 3/13/2014

Trip Report:

I got to the Anthony Lakes parking lot at 6pm and had just enough daylight to skin to the top of the ski hill to catch the sunset and scope a fresh ski track into the back country. This was my first time to the area and I was stoked. I figured I would wake up early and go for something moderate due to the fact I was solo.

IMG_20140313_204602.jpg

0313141904a.jpg

0313141853.jpg

The sunset was awesome and the moon was bright. I couldn't wait to start skiing in the morning. I figured I would get an alpine start to catch the sunrise from up high. I started up around 3:30 but the clouds had already started to gather. By 6am it was snowing and blowing. The summit of Lees Peak was nice but I didn't stick around. The snow varied like crazy from wild weather the previous week.

0314140656a.jpg

Parting Shot

0314140841b.jpg

Oh yeah, the snow mobile accident is all settled, I got a sweet new set up and a little extra dough to cover trip costs. Lesson learned, when someone runs you over take pictures of the scene.

0314140758.jpg

Gear Notes:

Back country gear

Approach Notes:

Straight out the resort in to the high country

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic