packing check list for climbing

markwebster

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mark...wet ones, beer, paper towels, I think of them as groceries. It would be nice to add Fireball though...

Mosquito net is something I should add. It lives in my pack and should be on the list.

There is no chair on the list because needing one would mean I'm getting old. I like my drunk chair: make a "T" with two peices of firewood. If you can't balance on it, you've had too many Mikes.

BootsandPants:

good tip, I changed it to skis, boots and poles.

rob:

Yes, people drink Fireball...in quantity...but maybe I hang with too many dirtbags.

I added a "print friendly" click function, after which it fits on standard copy paper.

Keep the additions coming! You guys get out in the mountains more than me.

First of all it's great to know that the Hunter is loved by many; hard to find a cheaper, better cure for what ails you.

Fireball, in my experience, is for people who want to say 'I drink whiskey!' but can't really drink whiskey. But I have a certain affinity for Hot Tamales, and Fireball is essentailly a liquid version that also inebriates me, so I'll take a pull if offered one.

In my experience Canadians are too busy climbing harder than me, downplaying their achievments, or just generally being hard to bother with checklists (but I freaking love lists).

Canadian Hunter; going to have to try that. Single malt is usually too spendy for the ones I like, and fireball just makes me do stupid things...

I'd also like to point out that 17/25 replies to this thread are related to whisky. I'm glad to see everyone has their priorities straight. :brew: