FS or Trade: OR Alibi Men's Softshell Jkt, Medium

astrov

FS or Trade: Outdoor Research Alibi Men's Softshell Jacket, Medium

Hey gang. I bought this jacket via the site a couple months ago. I really, really like it for ski mountaineering jaunts, jogging, and biking. It's too small for me though. The sleeves on this medium are a little too short for me and it's a little tight in the shoulders / pits. (I'm a lanky 6'1".) I would sell for $75+shipping or trade for a larger softshell of comparable quality. (I would love to trade for a "large" in this same jacket.) Prefer local (Portland) trade but can ship if necessary.

I was drawn to this jacket's unique features, such as lighter fabric on the back (the assumption being you're wearing a pack and need more breathability back there), poncho zips on both sides allowing for great venting, and a stowable liner hood that fits easily under a bike helmet. the poncho zips are a lot easier to use with gloves on than pit zips. That said, I was caught out in a shower the other day and surprised how water resistant it is. It's the right compromise between wind and waterproofness and breathability.

It has some other nice touches, such as:

interior fitted sleeve to block the wind. (Does not have thumbloops)

an inner zippered "security" pocket with an iPod / headphone cable port

adjustable hem

adjustable hood with bill

two napoleon-style pockets sitting high above the harness

etc.

overall I've been impressed with OR's attention to detail as well as customer service. They just replaced the main zipper on this jacket - the prior one lost a few teeth as I zipped it up. Anyways, it's a neat looking jacket and I've received compliments on it. I admire OR for willing to do something a little more thoughtful, too. It's not just some swatch of fabric with a zipper thrown on and dubbed "softshell". PM or respond to post. Thanks!

2014_Winter_I_004.jpg

liner hood stows in its own pocket when not in use

2014_Winter_I_003.jpg

one of poncho side zips is visible in the picture above

2014_Winter_I_002.jpg2014_Winter_I_001.jpg2014_Winter_I.jpg

Outer cuff rolled back to show inner liner cuff

Edited by astrov

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic