Heck Yeah! Mariners 2014!

Peter_Puget

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Doubt it. M's and Seachickens winning it all in the same year? That would be like having the same collage win both the mens and womens national championship in the same sport! Inconceivable!

in this analogy, the M's would be the women's team? lol

oh shit, is that disrespectful? :(

wait, can I still swear? I don't see a lot of swearing in the NY Times....

:poke:

Doubt it. M's and Seachickens winning it all in the same year? That would be like having the same collage win both the mens and womens national championship in the same sport! Inconceivable!

in this analogy, the M's would be the women's team? lol

oh shit, is that disrespectful? :(

wait, can I still swear? I don't see a lot of swearing in the NY Times....

:poke:

No swearing. Thanks! :wave:

It used to take years to build a winning program, so now you can buy a few good players, supporting cast and win it all in one year? Cant think of many good examples in baseball since the Marlins in late 90s. I just hope they are worth watching this year from time to time, and can compete for a pennant.

well it has taken years. there are a ton of very young and talented players on the team. Seager, Miller, Ackley, Smoak...all those guys are really just figuring it out and all of them added over the last 2-3 years or so. They added a couple "who knows" veterans (one of them paying off last night) and the big contract (Cano). Pitching wise, its Felix, Kuma, and a bunch of really young guys. I think they are the 6th youngest team in baseball.

Agree, I would take over .500 this year and better next. Otherwise, Z should be getting the hook.