Feathered Friends

wscottf

There are three issues here:

1) The ice axe was a gift. The sales person did indicate that it could not be returned, however they left the impression that it could be exchanged. I may be splitting hairs here, but to me there's a difference between returns and exchanges.

2) The axe is UNUSED. I understand the liability that retailers face when accepting returns on climbing gear and I can fully understand not returning used gear. But not accepting returns on unused gear I find that offensive, especially when it still has its tags on.

3) Trust. Feathered Friends expects the customer to trust them and their knowledge when buying gear, but they can't seem to trust the customer when they say the gear they are returning/exchanging is unused.

I was so taken aback by this policy that I thought about just swapping the axes while no one was looking. However, since I'm an honest person I didn't.

Luckily, I've had someone help me out with the issue and I'll be able to get the longer axe I want. I thank that person for helping out.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic