Ski binding screwdriver

Alan Trick

I was looking for screwdrivers with replaceable heads and they all quite big and bulky in the hardware store. My multi-tool has screwdrivers, but the heads are a little too small and the tool's shape makes the screws difficult to access.

For the record, I have a pair of Plum Guide bindings, and Dynafit Speeds. I've found this tool which might work, but I'm not sure.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Black Diamond version of that tool which is nice and compact for riding in the pack. I added a torx tipped bit for the mounting screws on my dynafits and usually carry it all in a small zip-lock bag because I bring more bits than will fit into the handle.

Hope that helps.

I have a the brooks range leatherman like multi tool. It is a great idea but the execution turned out pretty flimsy. I think they discontinued it after one year and said they hoped to find a better manufacture so hopefully it will make a return someday.

I think the leatherman plus the bits you need approach would be the way to go though at some point i'd like to figure out a lighter option...

I'd second the leatherman & bits idea. Leatherman's removable bit driver is ridiculously expensive, something like $15, but works quite well as a binding tool. It provides about 2-3 inches of clearance without an extension, which I've found to be enough for dynafits and fritschis.

The extension comes with a few of leatherman's ridiculous "bits", but don't waste any more money on them. Just get a set of standard posidrive and torx bits for your bindings.

• 1 month later...