Dynafit spare parts?

jordansahls

So, I need some advice. I was out skiing last weekend and managed to break a piece off of the heel lift on my Dynafit Vertical FT 12 bindings. I couldn't get the heel to rotate into the highest setting because I'm a dip shit and didn't realise that it was locked in the ski mode. I e-mailed Dynafit to see if they still sell the top plate piece for the vertical ft 12 bindings but I have not heard back. I really like the vertical bindings and would rather not drop the money on getting a new binding set-up. So I'm curious, does anyone know if the top plate from the Radical binding is compatible with the heel piece from the verticals? Any after market top plates that might work? The bindings still work great I just can't get into the highest heel lift setting on 1 foot. Thoughts?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

total.jpg

I broke the heel riser from the top plate, the piece that stands up with the holes in it for making adjustments with your ski poles. Is that the volcano? It was in the position shown in the above image. I stuck my ski pole into the lateral hole and torqued it in a stupid attempt to move the heel piece away from downhill ski mode to touring mode (at some point while I was touring the heel piece spun from touring mode into downhill ski mode). the heel piece was covered in snow so I assumed I just needed to torque harder to get the thing to adjust. Instead I broke off half of the riser.

Yeah thats the volcano. If you don't hear back from dynafit and no local shop has a pair let me know and i can send you my spare one.

Edit to add, Dynafit/Salewa NA has really good customer service. Try giving them a call too.

Also, skimo.co sells heel units individually. might be worth seeing if they can help out. my buddy had good things to say about them

Edited by kevino

I've had great and prompt service from Salewa/Dynafit customer service. The only time they've been delayed is when they were waiting on inventory from Europe to arrive, and they let me know about it.

Give Pro Ski and Mountain in North Bend a call - there's a good chance they have the part you need.