Welcome to the Anthropocene

prole

i imagine, if i lived in oklahoma, i'd welcome a rash of earthquakes, man-made or not, if only to break up the fucking monotony of...living in oklahoma :)

and the okies can use a double-threat - the tornadoes have been dominating the disaster scene for far, far too long.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to your rebuttal of the works and scientists quoted and cited in the article. Remember, your own original research only!

How sad, you still don't get it. Not interested in your point; just your poor sourcing, your hypocrisy, and, well, your toolness. Now run along little monkey. Shoooo...

I think I watched the Rachael Maddow show once in a hotel room with limited channels in 2009.

Media Literacy Quiztime!: Exactly what role did the Rachael Maddow Show play in the originally posted article. Then go back and read this excruciating thread. Winner gets a peek into how conservative denialism works!

aren't you the guy who bitches about personal attacks fw? i'm fine w/ you harshing on the intellect of me n' whoever to be sure, but would you please not :cry: when you get the same in return? :)

You're too big to be Prole's lap dog, Vanya ;-)

i'm too big to be anybody but the late andre the giant's lapdog, which is the point. is consistency too much to expect of a sprayer? :)

Or the USGS verifying a) Madden's story and b) that waste water injection can cause earthquakes ("it's long been known"), the USGS is studying the cause of ou marked increase in mid continental earthquakes, and the c) their studies indicate their cause is manmade, although tracking rather than other energy extraction has yet to be singled out as a primary cause.

[url=]http://www.doi.gov/news/doinews/Is-the-Recent-Increase-in-Felt-Earthquakes-in-the-Central-US-Natural-or-Manmade.cfm[/url]

Why CC's most thin skinned whiner makes himself look so stupid so frequently is beyond me. It's kind of sad, actually. It's certainly never entertaining, either.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Why CC's most thin skinned whiner makes himself look so stupid so frequently is beyond me.

I think for professional conservatives, it's about introducing a enough of a measure of reasonable doubt in the public's mind through obfuscation and messenger assassination to squeeze a leeetle bit more money out of whatever it is coming under attack.

For a hobbyist like FW? No idea, but I know I'd be getting paid for these displays.

Ivan had it right at 'tedious'. You're braver than he is with your ideas - he doesn't post any because he can't take his own medicine - and that bugs him. It's the spinal tapped 'yew argue like a faggit' routine in response to any stimulis - like a cat to a laser pointer. Not much of a Googler (2 minutes to find USGS verification above) but a real Danica behind the wheel of the CC search engine.

Weird, but that's the innernutz.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Ivan had it right at 'tedious'. You're braver than he is with your ideas - he doesn't post any because he can't take his own medicine - and that bugs him. It's the spinal tapped 'yew argue like a faggit' routine in response to any stimulis - like a cat to a laser pointer...

Since Prole takes the prize for "attack the messenger" schtick ala FoxNews citation accusations that always prove false, it was surprising (not really) to see him post up a Nation/Maddow link he knew was "libtard" (his words).

As for your homosexual reference above, well, you should tone that down--again. Better yet, show me where I've ever said anything even remotely close. Prole called me "Dumbass," so I called him a Dumbfuck or something along those lines. Hey, if the shoe fits...

Looking forward to your rebuttal of the works and scientists quoted and cited in the article. Remember, your own original research only!

How sad, you still don't get it. Not interested in your point; just your poor sourcing, your hypocrisy, and, well, your toolness.

Reading comprehension, Prole. Not one of your strong areas. I've posted it again for you since it didn't stick the first time. :rolleyes:

As for your homosexual reference above, well, you should tone that down--again.

so....you can call someone an idiot but not a faggot, 'cuz that's like taking shit too far n' whatnot? :)

you oughta etch some of these here moral standards of yours into some stone tablets to make it easier for us to understand the rules :)

as for tvashie n' the fag-word, doesn't he get a few thousand mulligans when one of his hundred brothers lives in san frannie n' sells 10 foot long swan-headed double-dildos? :grin:

so....you can call someone an idiot but not a faggot, 'cuz that's like taking shit too far n' whatnot? :)

you oughta etch some of these here moral standards of yours into some stone tablets to make it easier for us to understand the rules :)

Since I am regularly the recipient of words like idiot, dumbass, dumbfuck, bafoon, etc., etc.--not to mention the constant attacks on my intellect and things like "you should move to Alabama"--it shouldn't surprise anyone that I return the favor from time to time.

As for the more hateful and vulgar words that your friend TTK seems so fond of, yes, he crosses the line way too often--and it's not a line that's all that hard to see, Ivan. Again, I really don't mind most of the words you & yours call me or put in my mouth--and I'll give them right back--but there are a handful that cross the line. They aren't words I say or think, so yes, I do get upset when someone uses them to caricature me this way. You should tell him, as his friend, to exercise more self-control and to knock it off.

let's just call each other whatever and roll w/ it, eh? fuck the line, since clearly no one 'round here (including you) feels like minding it anyhow :)

i might be odd, but i've never told my friends how to act - easier to just move along when i couldn't support it - you get called names - you deserve it - you call other folks names - sure, i can see why, so go ahead, i'm sure they can take it w/o jumping off a bridge - why should words hurt? it's not like somebody w/ a baseball bat is caving your head in, eh? the clear rule 'round here, which i support whole-heartedly, is no threats (which tvash i can't recall has ever being guilty of)

bottom line: you can't whine about name-calling if you engage in it too. this website, in it's enlightened blissedness, allows non-threatening name-calling, so embrace it or move along.

perhaps i might transliterate rodney king: why can't everyone just be like me? :P

Since I am regularly the recipient of words like idiot, dumbass, dumbfuck, bafoon, etc., etc.--not to mention the constant attacks on my intellect and things like "you should move to Alabama"--it shouldn't surprise anyone that I return the favor from time to time.

As for the more hateful and vulgar words that your friend TTK seems so fond of, yes, he crosses the line way too often--and it's not a line that's all that hard to see, Ivan. Again, I really don't mind most of the words you & yours call me or put in my mouth--and I'll give them right back--but there are a handful that cross the line. They aren't words I say or think, so yes, I do get upset when someone uses them to caricature me this way. You should tell him, as his friend, to exercise more self-control and to knock it off.

point 1 Be the change you want to see in the world. if you don't like it, don't do it. simple.

point 2 If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. If the nature of spray offends you, don't frequent spray. simple also.

these points are probably irrelevant as I suspect that you like these verbal attacks and rebuttals. I also suspect that you don't really care about "community" and care more about self serving ego boosting. just my theory as I have never met you.

feel free to call me names though. see point 2 above.

Edited by genepires

It's not that I mind you returning the favor, I just wish you were better at it.

"Constant attacks on my intellect". LMFAO! It's exactly those kinds of statements that make you irresistible.

Edited by prole

In order to be part of a community one has to be interesting in learning about who the other members of that community actually are and what they think. This may even lead to friendships.

More fundamentally, it's about keeping it real. Those who won't (there is no 'can't' - it's always a choice), tend not to garner interest, respect, or affection from that community. A steady diet of repetitive, negative trolling wins the opposite.

In essence, FW, you've received exactly what you've asked for here. You do get something out of it - you get to play the victim. That reaps its own set of rewards - they're just not real ones, is all, and so they never quite satisfy.

That, and the world does love yet another victim. There are so few….

point 1 Be the change you want to see in the world. if you don't like it, don't do it. simple.

point 2 If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. If the nature of spray offends you, don't frequent spray. simple also.

these points are probably irrelevant as I suspect that you like these verbal attacks and rebuttals. I also suspect that you don't really care about "community" and care more about self serving ego boosting. just my theory as I have never met you.

feel free to call me names though. see point 2 above.

:tup: