Mt Hood on Feb 23

enthalpy

This is a long shot, but I'm wondering if anyone is interested in taking a rookie up the south climb this coming weekend. I'm open the whole weekend, but Sunday morning looks best so far.

I climbed Mt Adams solo last September, but Hood isn't something I want to try on my own.

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there,

I'm also looking for someone to team up with to tackle Hood. I'm still a bit green myself, but I've done Adams (early spring), Shasta (winter), St. Helens (winter & spring), McLoughlin (winter), South Sister (late fall), and about 40 others including 15 or so Washington state bulgers. This weekend I plan to head down to CA and knock out Lassen.

Normally I'd just do Hood solo but that 'schrund is a bit concerning. As such, it may be prudent to rope up for this one.

This weekend may not be the best time to go, as stated above, but shoot me a message if you're still interested after the snow has stabilized a bit.

Hood was crappy today. Went with a friend just to go up to 9000' and enjoy the views. Supposed to be mostly sunny, and clear according to the mountain forecast, but it was blowing snow the entire time and never saw the sun until the sunset on the drive home. We turned around at Silcox. Still good to get out, though.