Chicago TR

layton

Well the rumors are false!

Chicago has NO good climbing. The hot dogs are freakin' amazing (you have no idea-Deamon Dogs off the "L") HCL.gif and the pizza is to die for (Carmens in Evanston is the best). Didn't get my Billy Goat fix, but lower Wacker is no longer under construction. Someone will pay for misleading me about this city's climbing potential. Should'a bought that new Rockn'Road!!!!

Hope all you other misplaced midwesterners out in coffeeland are climbing hard, cuz this dude ain't climbing anything but down the social ladder here in $$$'sville so I'm headin to the Canadian Rockies again where a down jacket is more hip than a black leather coat!

Any other folks out there been wisked away to their hometown to realize exactly why it is that they moved in the 1st place???

Hope this TR helps anyone who does a search on Chi-town in hopes for a more successful TR, otherwise I'm just adding to the useless crap ya'll must wade thru to get ANY useful info!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Eat a dog for me. It's been about a year since I had real Chicago dawg. Demon Dawgs kick butt. The best pizza is the tuffed pizza at LaVilla on Pulaski, about three blocks from the house I grew up in. My sis has a bad habit of always calling me on her cell whenever she's at Wrigley Field, just to rub it in.

Not true about the lack of climbing, one summer when I was back there working graphic design, I brought my shoes with me and found use for them on the statues down at Lincoln Park. Got some good workouts, at least until a mounted police asked me what I was doing.

"Bouldering"

"Well go boulder yourself some place else."

"Gotcha! No problem."

True story.

Also the place rocks for buildering as well, especially on some of the turn-of-the-centry brownstones cantfocus.gifcantfocus.gif!!

Enjoy the trip...guess they got 4 inches of snow on x-mas eve. And don't you even think about putting ketcup on a dog HCL.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif