Something Technical on Saturday and/or Sunday

dave schultz

Looking for a partner for something technical on Saturday and/or Sunday.

Ideas are: Mount Index, Mt Baker (Coleman Headwall), Chair Peak, Big Four, Drury Falls, Banks Lake, Elderado Peak (NWF Couloir), Colonial Peak (NF), Mt Rainier (Nisqually Ice Cliff), Mt Shuksan (NWC or NF), Hood (Yokum Ridge?), something in the Enchantments, or and any other idea. Would also be interested in making ski descents.

Looks like we will have cold conditions (freezing level near sea level until Sunday) and no precip until Saturday afternoon.

I get off work at around 8am on Saturday and can head out from there.

Dave

Edited by dave schultz

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any preference? I would be in a lot of these, but don't lead water ice yet. I would prefer something not too super steep - maybe Shuksan or Baker. Fine with overnigher. And I don't ski. Or following ice in banks lake doesn't sound too bad either.

Let me know if you're still looking. We've talked before. I'll shoot you an email.

I'll be arriving in Portland Friday night, staying until midday Sunday. I was planning on heading up the south side of Hood on Saturday, but I would certainly be excited to do something more technical with someone more familiar with the mountain. Open to other areas as well, but obviously I'd prefer something close to Portland.

I'm bringing splitboard, crampons, ice axe+tool, and bivvy setup. Let me know if this matches what you have in mind, thanks.