Sports Podiatrist

Jim

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Take care of those sesamoids. In my experience, the best thing to do at this point is rest your foot and very gradually resume climbing and other foot-intensive activities only when the swelling or pain has subsided. If your symtpoms persist, don't ignore them as sesamoiditis can become a chronic problem as it has for me.

Dr. Richard Bouché is the guy to see in Seattle if you want orthotics.

I have reconsidered the use of all soft rock shoes like the moccasym in favor for stiffer shoes like the tc pro. A looser fitting shoe is also a good idea.

Edited by cam yarder

• 1 month later...

I second Cam Yarder's vote for Dr. Richard Bouché. I went to the NW Foot & Ankle Center and had lots of tests done before being refered to Bouche for a 2nd opinion.

My sesimoids were knocked out of place in a motorcycle accident. Bouche did the surgury to remove them. Over the past year, he was very attentive to my concerns as a climber and back country skier. He took the time to explain a lot of things where most doctors would hurry you out so they can get to the next appointment.