chair peak

dr._jay

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RE-If you don't like a particular group of people, why socialize with them? And you must know that climbers have historically been perfectly normal, homogeneous folk who are anything but weird.

I socialize with them for other entertainment reasons. What's it to ya pal? Are you gonna ask for a date next? Who fucking cares what I like and dislike?

You do have a good point... But what do you expect climbing brings in all kinds of people and cultures besides you don't have to that athletic to climb. Just physical fit. But you have to take the good in with the bad

Dave

Edited by Skisports

"It was running water "

Lots of different skill levels on every forum. Too much info for some I suspect but when I see water running down the ice and exposed rock at 11AM on a alpine north face in January I would generally figure the climb out of shape and the weather too warm. In this case, time proved that a little cold weather and a few more days of freeze/ thaw and the route was certainly "in" for those that got up it over the weekend.

I wanted to get back up there very early Saturday morning for better conditions (ie no water running down that first pitch), freezing temps and avoid the rush. Didn't get the chance.

Looks to me like anyone that figured the face was slim and the temp. inversion extreme early in the week was spot on in their assessment of conditions. Those were the conditions on Wedsday. No worries here, I'll get a chance to go back in soon. Afterall that is what makes this sport so fun, what you are willing to wager on every trip.

Forums always show the guys who are too much hahaha.gif and not enough smirk.gif .