Grivel heel lever on petzl crampons

Eric K

I love my lynx but hate the heal lever. I was thinking of replacing it since the petzl version digs into my boot too much. It can become painful it it is worn long periods of time. I wanted to buy some grivel heel levers and use those on my crampons instead. Has anyone done this, is there any problems with this setup?

Eric

Edited by Eric K

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dane -

So, when you say you swap the Petzl parts for the Black Diamond pieces, are you referring to the lever-lock or the whole heal piece (spikes and all)? I'm currently using Lynx crampons coming from Sabertooth's. I agree and like the BD lever better, so I'd like to switch the Petzl lever to a BD if that's possible?

You can only switch the levers not the entire heel pieces. Easy switch. Last ones I bought were around $15 each ($30 a pair) IIRC. Easy through BD customer service.

dane%2520action%2520shot%252014.jpg

P5040226.JPG BD levers on a Petzl Dartwin. If you still have the Sabers just pull them off and use 'um. Not like you'll hurt them any.