[TR] Mount Olympus Area - Olympic Aerial Photographs 12/7/2013

BarefootJake

Trip: Mount Olympus Area - Olympic Aerial Photographs

Date: 12/7/2013

Trip Report:

It was a bluebird day around the Olympic Peninsula. With temperatures well below freezing, made for perfect air quality conditions. Last minute decision to go up and get some beta for possible future adventures. Thought I would share them here, just incase someone is planning a future trip or just wants to daydream.

All photos on Barefoot Jake main site. Including Black Glacier, Hubert Glacier, Mount Meany, Mount Queets, Queets Basin to Humes Glacier, Mount Carrie, Mount Mercury and more. PM me, also have aerial shots of Humes 'blizzard pass', Hoh glacier crevasse, Camp Pan and 'glacier pass'. Well as, approach to Mount Queets via Queets Glacier.

Photo of 'Lake of the Gods', Mount Tom, White Glacier, West Peak and Snow Dome of Mount Olympus.

[img:center]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vYz2E0tlXUg/UqYy07c_M0I/AAAAAAAACNg/ksKJP7ZMMZg/w1278-h667-no/LakeoftheGodsMtTomOlympus.png.jpg[/img]

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the "on-foot" comment. Still, in the middle of winter, it's hard to beat a fly over.

As far as your airsickness goes, it probably has a lot to do with the type of aircraft you were in. I've had a modest amount of pilot training, and I can tell you that even when I'm at the controls I get nauseated flying a plane with pontoons. They tend to produce a lot more yaw than a wheeled aircraft. For a while I was practicing in a Super Cub with floats and was getting queasy every time I went up. Since I switched to a Cessna 152 (with wheels) I've been fine. Don't pass up another opportunity like this--just try a different plane. thanks again for the pictures and video. I love that place.