Issaquah Dry-Tooling Crag

GerritD

I recently moved to Issaquah I am looking for a partner to go climb at the Issaquah Dry-Tooling crag. I am preferably looking to get out on a week night after working a regular 8-5 job which means climbing by headlamp in the winter. There are 3 sets of chains and 2 sets of lead bolts. There is also a few routes that can be led on trad pro and top out to the bolts or a slung tree. I heard the routes range from M3 to M5. There are some opportunities to choose your own adventure when picking your line.

I am looking to mostly climb on top rope but after some more practice I would like to lead the bolts or possibly on gear. I have my own rack, rope and tools so all you need is your personal gear.

I am fairly new to mixed/dry climbing myself but I have climbed at this crag before. If you are an experienced climber who wants a belay while you run laps that works great. If you are newer like me I am happy to belay slower climbers as well.

This crag has easier access and a shorter approach than even Exit 38.

http://www.summitpost.org/cougar-mountain-drytooling-crag/826088

Edited by GerritD

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man im down. I move to everett in the beginning of january. Been going out to issaquah a few times and have led all the lines. pm me if your interested. Also looking for a mix/ drytooling partner for alpinintal valley if your interested

You are right that there are two sets of bolts to lead on. I am editing the main post to show this. I went back to this crag today and saw them. I intend to lead at least one of them next time I head out there.

Also I am generally getting more and more stoked with loose and wobbly crap from climbing at this crag. So if anyone else is a beginner and is unsure if this would be fun I am down to give a belay to try it out.

Edited by GerritD

Hey Gerrit,

I live in Issaquah and would be down to hit up the crag after work or on a soggy weekend some time. FWIW, Alex and I 'discovered' the potential for mixed climbing there years ago when we were working construction together. There were some really poorly placed 1/4" bolts there already, but Alex cleaned up the place and put in reliable anchors.

Dan

Also, anyone else looking to get out, i am fairly new to the ice world but have tools, trad gear, ropes, and a car; and am looking to get after it. Always interested in spending a day hunting for cool pitches to climb!

Brad

Edited by climbwa