West Side Ice

Rafael_H

Drove by X38 today to take a look. I recall that within last few years we had a similar cold snap, and there was relatively fat ice. This time clearly all running water and wet spots are frozen, but all of that amounts to very little ice. X38 regular ice area has some climbable ice. No screws but I know it can be mix-ed, there are existing pitons, and spots for them, I placed some in the past myself. I am too lazy to go on Sat, but will likely go on Sun, that and Rap Wall. Lemme know if there is interest.

Icicles and a frozen looking gully on the north side of I-90.

Forgot camera - no pics.

I suspect the Rap Wall will have some icing to make it more interesting.

Same thing goes for the Baker Ski Area dry tool routes, Annihilator will likely have some ice on it, just as it was when it was set up.

The interesting thing is how little moisture there is. Somehow I suspect Banks might not be in any good shape this season. I'd drive but have some matters to settle. Please go by and post pics!!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Kids - anyone game? Check out Snoqualmie Falls! Nice stoke.

I'm actually laid up with a severe groin pull (bummer). This is your Westside Ice climbing season (3 days) - go for it!

I'm sure Franklin Falls is in if Snoqualmie Falls is Fat - Google for "Snoqualmie Falls Frozen" for some cool images, or watch www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahSdi5Age88

Do I dare even mention Static Point or God Forbid " Infinite Bliss".

Enjoy, Comrades!

:moondance: