strobach?

powderhound

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad Cebu is for sure, as is Sudden Change and maybe one or two others, and they will have higher likelihood to be formed because they are also lower angle, But a lot of other lines are snowmelt fed - all stuff left of Sep Gully, and/or steep enough to need enough time to bridge vertical. Psychd to hear what you find! I've climbed there as early as Dec 4th (2 routes) and still little enuff snow to drive to 609. But generally you need wet falls....

I have climbed Ice Dreams as early as 12/3 in 2006 and Sad Cebu as early as 12/8 in 2005. I would think that there is a high chance that these two would be climbable now. I have climbed all different routes at Strobach on 7 different days between 2005 and 2010 with six days being in Dec. and one day in Feb. I often use history for a general guide for ice conditions, for what any of those stats are worth...December is a good time to head up there.

Looking good there. Climbed primus suckas and a wild variation to sad ce bu, with Tim Stabio today. First on the left looking great. Four different second pitch options. Unholy is huge and fully touching. Drove the milk creek to 1201 to 609. Super quick approach, no sloe shoes. Bleeder project is super close.

Have fun, be safe.

Bryan

Climbed Ice Dreams and first two pitches of Sad Ce'bu yesterday. Climbs are hanging in there but if temps dont get colder will be gone soon.

Other observations:

- Primus Sucks looks good

- Responsible Ladies looks a very thin in the middle but all there

- Unholy is starting to turn white; likely out soon.

- First on Left first pitch a little thin off ground but all there; second pitch is huge and looks fun

- Hate Pony is there

One can currently drive the road so approach is easier.

• 1 month later...