Stocking Stuff for the Sport Climber on Your List

pope

Looking for last minute ideas for that flamboyant, Euro-styled bolt clipper on your list? Here's a little something that is certain to add panache to his favorite redpoint costume: the Bedazzler!

Bedazzlerjpg.jpg

That's right, with the Bedazzler, he can attach little rhinestones and gems to his lycra and Verve wear! Imagine what a splash he'll make! Imagine the look in his eyes when he opens this Christmas Morn'! He'll be so ecstatic, your climbing partner might just become your partner.

I've included an image that gives you an idea of the possibilities.

liberace.jpg

Edited by pope

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bouldering buddies and I have about 12 of these between us. It's really fun to head out to my garage wall, turn down the lights and then get all of the laser pointers going at once, gyrating to the syncopated rhythms of Fun Boy Three. You should see the effect of the laser show on my sequin-"bedazzled" hemp bouldering thong!

Allison, Allison, Allison. You cry foul when attacked, but you inflame people with your opinions sometimes. Now if someone tells you to STFU, especially concerning your last post, you must just suck it up like a good lass and not go crying for your moderator buddies to save your ass. I think you'll find that you don't have carte blanche protection like you brag that you do. grin.gifbigdrink.gif

Ranting endlessly about a sport and/or its associated culture that you don't care for is very tiresome!

'Bout the only culture I've seen at the sport cliffs would be the science projects growing in the furry armpits of some of the more liberal belay bunnies. Allison, you don't need to take it personally. I'm not attacking anybody, just having a little fun. And I'm not poking fun at you, just your people.

BTW, you weren't planning on getting a Bedazzler for you-know-who, were you? ooo.gif

then cover the sheath of your rope in glow-in-the-dark paint...this, with the 'bedazzled' lycra, the disco ball, lasers and gold draws would be great... i think we all should work for the REI marketing dept. we could make it happen...you could even have 'cosmic-climbing' at the local gyms (similar to cosmic bowling)...whatdya think?

"I'm not attacking anybody, just having a little fun. And I'm not poking fun at you, just your people."

Hey---you know the word 'gullible' is not in the dictionary, right? hahaha.gif Really, while I'm not a big fan of personal attacks on anyone, least of all me, ya really think I'm that thin-skinned? I was just goofin'!! rockband.gif

(though I do hate what snowboarders do to the ski hill) madgo_ron.gif

Metolius Redpoint Laser.

No longer do you have to shout out beta like "Put your left hand on the jug" to that bumbly you are spewing beta at. Now with the redpoint laser you just say "Put this hand on this hold "

As if GregW needed further justification for a laser-scope for his rifles! I can see the look of horror on the faces of gapers-passing-by as Greg points his laser-scope equipped rifle at his climbing partner during a typical redpoint ascent...

GregW: "Reach for this hold with this hand."

Partner: "What if I can't reach it?"

GregW: "Do you feel lucky, punk? Do ya?"

Partner: "I can't reach it!!!"

GregW: "Hold on! Let me just go ahead and shoot you a nice little two-finger pocket intermediate hold, then... Put your hand where you want it..."

Partner: "No, no, no!!!"

GregW: "OK, right there it is..."

Partner: "Nooooo! That's my only hold."

GregW: Gun fires. Shot echoes through canyon...

Partner: "Aaaaaahhh! OK, thanks. Climbing!!!"

GregW: "Climb on! Now put this foot over to this ledge..."