Mainsail: A First Ascent up the Icicle

JensHolsten

Thought I would post a link to a film my friend Max Hasson made of a route I established this fall in the Icicle. It's not often that we get a modern look into rock climbing around Leavenworth. It's not all slabs and low angle bumps of rock!

It's wasn't a cutting edge route or anything even remotely close, but it was beautiful and fun. Try it!

The link:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pete-

In the film I give it 12+. I really don't know though...somewhere between 12c and 13b?? The film shows every move...give it a go and tell me what ya think! It really is a fine route. For sure, the best cragging pitch I've ever established.

it looks like a v2 to a good rest. then it breaks left into what looks to be v5 or v6 to a good hanging jug. then cruiser to top.

and that equation equals 5.12c/d!

You been on the rig slab_master? That would be cool! Yep that equation is about right, except the second boulder problem may be as hard as V7 or V8, which is why I'm not totally sure of the grade. I know for sure the second bp is harder than V5 though :) It's tough in L-town because everything is so short, so the grade really depends on a translation from the V system.

• 1 month later...