Tips on handling used Spantiks

Comrade

I recently got a pair of Spantiks off Craigslist. The owner had put around 12 days on it. He had never heat molded the inner boot.

They come with 2 pairs of insoles and am not sure what combination to use. I've had terrible experience with my Nepal EVO insoles. Within half season, they ran so thin that my fee were burning and about to kill me on a trip. It would be miserable if that happens on a multiweek trip. I have superfeet in my Nepals and they work just fine. Anyone has experience with them in Spantiks?

I'm also a tiny bit concerned about the fit. I got them in the same size as the Nepals and they fit perfectly when I start out. But on the second day of an overnight trip, I had a really hard time getting my feet into them in morning and they felt somewhat tight. I never experienced this in Nepals. Did my feet expand or something? I'm concerned about circulation cutoff on extended trips.

Is it a good idea to heat mold the liner after roughly 14 days of use on it?

Edited by Comrade

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic