Aggressive Seattle Bicyclists

Fairweather

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every day I ride my bike, 520 is that much less congested...

I don't commute in Seattle, but I'm happy to say, "Thanks Rob!" :wave: This is a very good point you've made.

It's so cute when the moderators pat one of their loyal puppies on the head. :toad:

Not true, Rob was a royal bumblefuck on the I-522 subject, like discussing Climate Change with some dimwit who confuses Climate with Weather. How can we have global warming if New Jersey just had a record snowfall on Dec 17th? The man was clearly research impaired, but that doesn't change the fact that he's absolutely right on this thread. Oh, and this is me, Off White, just another poster, not moderator, speaking. What I say does not reflect the opinion of the owners or administrators of this board. Do I need to modify my signature to assuage your fears that some grand conspiracy is out to infringe on your right to free speech?

Not true, Rob was a royal bumblefuck on the I-522 subject, like discussing Climate Change with some dimwit who confuses Climate with Weather. How can we have global warming if New Jersey just had a record snowfall on Dec 17th? The man was clearly research impaired, but that doesn't change the fact that he's absolutely right on this thread. Oh, and this is me, Off White, just another poster, not moderator, speaking. What I say does not reflect the opinion of the owners or administrators of this board. Do I need to modify my signature to assuage your fears that some grand conspiracy is out to infringe on your right to free speech?

I'm just glad you're not using 17-point font and assigning me a letter grade. And I agree, Rob's bike is cute. :blush:

I've only been there a couple of times since that church bought up all that property on the east side of the highway, so I was surprised to discover that they're a pretty MTB-friendly lot and have done a lot of work. (Maybe they're hoping we'll all join their church?) I'm not really into dedicated parks or twisties all that much. More into HWY 410 type climbs with a quantifiable gain and long descents. I've been riding a lot at Capitol Forest lately too. I'll have to get back out there to BD soon though.

well for me it beats standing around and watching Ulee practice out there. i actually like any kind of riding. Hell, I even have a roadbike and some spandex so I can hang out with Rob. And I have a old cruiser for getting down to the pub.

I'm just not a big drop guy, I just have a Santa Cruz Superlight, and I would destroy the frame if I hit off some big stuff.

The Church land rides are all named after biblical stuff. The rides at Henry's Ridge are all named after snakes. The better riding is at Henry's by far, but one of the church rides is pretty fun. The stuff across the road is a little overgrown, but its been fun to explore.

I thought you were talking about right now--and it be soccer season. (Unless you're one of those hard-core year round baseball families :) )

That bike is pretty cool. There are a bunch of companies coming out with electric-assist bikes and I'm wondering what's going to happen when these start showing up at places like Westside and Carbon River roads--NP grades where bicycles are allowed but motorized traffic is banned.

i like mountain bikers, I spent my youth doing cx motocross stuff so I feel a kinship. I'd love to spend more time riding trails, but there's only so much time.

I just wish I could only find some bike&climb partners.

FW, for the record, an expensive carbon race bike weighs closer to 15 lbs, not 19. And I rarely see people commuting on them, unless they happen to be from the local racing scene.

I can't figure out why you're so anti bikes, we're doing you a favor by decreasing the volume of cars on the road. You seem like a pragmatic guy, who wouldn't appreciate encouraging people to avoid driving a vehicle? More room for yours, amirite???

TrafficJamCartoon-2hk0mdw.jpg

nice cartoon.

the thought captions could say "if these idiots would just carpool, I could be home now"

carpooling is probably a more reasonable solution than bus for most people.

WAIT! bike riders place bolts! resume standard spray dialog.

Edited by genepires

Road again today at Black Diamond...only saw one other rider the whole time. There were a couple puddles, but the fenders worked ok. SUPER FUN!!!

thats my TR.

Give me a call if you need a partner. I'm about 45 min away from Black Diamond. Not sure where you live. Do you ever ride Tokul? Banner Forest?