Aggressive Seattle Bicyclists

Fairweather

Truth is, there are about 20 other forums on this very site where one can express all the joys of life--and I regularly post in these very forums. Do you?

After doing a count since October 1

90.1 percent of your posts are either Spray or in the Garbage Can.

You do have a 9.9 percent non Spray count

That's an A- for spray posting

Keep on keeping on!

:pagetop:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth is, there are about 20 other forums on this very site where one can express all the joys of life--and I regularly post in these very forums. Do you?

After doing a count since October 1

90.1 percent of your posts are either Spray or in the Garbage Can.

You do have a 9.9 percent non Spray count

That's an A- for spray posting

Keep on keeping on!

:pagetop:

Oh my God this is incredible and shocking what is your non-spray percentage and please tell me your grade! :rolleyes:

good lord you whine.

This one is particularly obnoxious--especially for a guy with only 17 posts.

What's kinda funny is that if you only had 17 posts, you'd be way less obnoxious.

I'll be eagerly looking for your "happy posts" on all the other forums!

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1111897/TR_Lillian_Ridge_High_Route_Hi#Post1111897

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1110718/TR_Royal_Basin_to_Constance_Pa#Post1110718

Also, I'm sure the minimum wage worker driving the $1500 1985 Nissan held together with baling wire is quite happy that he's paying for the infrastructure improvements that allow you to ride your $3500 19lb carbon frame to work and, once again, reconfirm your HTT status at the office.

I love it how healthy behaviors (not smoking, bike commuting, healthy diet, etc...) will get one branded as a full-fledged member of the liberal elite.

Maybe I'm just a guy of modest means on a 10 year old $400 dollar aluminum frame Specialized commuter bike.

i have never seen a commuter riding a carbon frame bike before, not that it might occur with someone with more money than sense. often the people riding carbon frame bikes use the word "commuter" disparagingly when it comes to other cyclists.

it just seems like someone is ignorant to the nuances of urban cycling culture. not that i really know what i'm talking about or anything.

Also, I'm sure the minimum wage worker driving the $1500 1985 Nissan held together with baling wire is quite happy that he's paying for the infrastructure improvements that allow you to ride your $3500 19lb carbon frame to work and, once again, reconfirm your HTT status at the office.

I love it how healthy behaviors (not smoking, bike commuting, healthy diet, etc...) will get one branded as a full-fledged member of the liberal elite.

Maybe I'm just a guy of modest means on a 10 year old $400 dollar aluminum frame Specialized commuter bike.

The 2500 lb Nissan tears up the road more. Let's tax bikes proportional by wear and tear. The 20lb bike will be taxed at 20/2500 the rate of the Nissan. Seems fair to me FW!

The state already charges commercial truck licensing fees based on weight you want your vehicle rated for.

I forget the starting weight, but we're talking about vehicles carrying loads for work/delivery. Shouldn't be a problem to charge commuter vehicles by weight or anticipated weight.

The 2500 lb Nissan tears up the road more. Let's tax bikes proportional by wear and tear. The 20lb bike will be taxed at 20/2500 the rate of the Nissan. Seems fair to me FW!

Something...ANYTHING would be a great start. Anyone know how many tens of millions will be spent for bicycle mitigation on the new 520 bridge so Rob can ride his bike? Maybe bicyclists should start paying a toll too.

Something...ANYTHING would be a great start. Anyone know how many tens of millions will be spent for bicycle mitigation on the new 520 bridge so Rob can ride his bike? Maybe bicyclists should start paying a toll too.

money well spent. the more who bike on the 520, the better it is for the fatty in the car - less congestion, faster drive time.

money well spent. the more who bike on the 520, the better it is for the fatty in the car - less congestion, faster drive time.

Agreed. Probably 99% of bike riders have a car and pay taxes already. No reason to discourge biking. I'm continually amazed at the vehmence towards bikers just because one might have to wait 30 seconds or so to get around a biker occassionaly.

Granted - there are the jerks. Recently in Seattle I was in a 10 car backup because of decked-out road wennies just had to ride twosies, instead of in a line. I beeped at them when I went past and the caught up to me at the light and asked what the problem was. I let them know that I commute most days and that they were not adhering to the bike laws by blocking traffic like that - if they rode single file then there would be no problem. Plus I told them their "outfits" were ugly.

i have never seen a commuter riding a carbon frame bike before, not that it might occur with someone with more money than sense. often the people riding carbon frame bikes use the word "commuter" disparagingly when it comes to other cyclists.

it just seems like someone is ignorant to the nuances of urban cycling culture. not that i really know what i'm talking about or anything.

ride your $3500 19lb carbon frame

lol @ 19lb

he probably just misspelled lead frame.

19lb. bike, duh. Honestly, I don't really know what a road-commuter bike weighs these days. My Trek Fuel EX9 weighs in at 27.2 w/several modifications, and my Gary Fisher HooKoo E Koo hardtail weighs in at 23.04. Light by MTB standards, but far too heavy for the 520 bridge, I'm sure.

Rob, the picture is not clear enough, but I could almost swear I see "OCLV" stamped on that top tube--and that fork looks like carbon for sure. :/

Edited by Fairweather

Rob, the picture is not clear enough, but I could almost swear I see "OCLV" stamped on that top tube--and that fork looks like carbon for sure. :/

It looks like carbon but actually it is a high-tensile bamboo. The stamp you are referring to on the top tube is actually a signature from Lance Armstrong's remaining testicle. The rack is actually made of hollow tubing, filled and sealed with helium gas, and I'm rolling nothing but the finest silk-casing tubulars as well. It's what all the cool commuters are riding these days.

Also, check out this real-life photo of traffic caused by all those damn out of control cyclists. We should totally tax them!!!

traffic-jam.jpg