Aggressive Seattle Bicyclists

Fairweather

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shitty bikers, jaywalkers and shitty drivers are on the same frequency- they all have their heads up their asses and think the world revolves around them. Just like tea party. Back in the late 90's I witnessed a case of road rage, where a guy pulled a gun and shot another driver. With the population density increase, people have to start paying attention what and who is around them and what are these people doing.

IMO, it's time to tax bicyclists who use public streets--and ask them to obey the same laws as everyone else.

I believe bicyclist are required by law to observe the traffic laws already.

FW, aren't you the small government, don't tax me or tell me what to do guy? And you are proposing that some group (guessing you are not a bike commuter) should be infringed upon by the government? very consistent and considerate you are.

Being a jackass is not a reason to be taxed. If so, then there would be a tax for everyone on this spray forum.

Great story on KIRO today. IMO, it's time to tax bicyclists who use public streets--and ask them to obey the same laws as everyone else.

Saw that on the news this evening. I suppose the guy who got punched in the face was technically a victim of assault, but he says he had been jockeying for lane position with the perpetrator before the assault. But the other dude was on a bike and he was in a car! I can see how the cyclist might have been a bit pissed.

Then the reporter acts like she's going to get run over by cyclists while crossing the road. How about looking down the street to see if someone's coming before you step into the road, dumbass!

Last time I checked, the law says you're supposed to stop for someone entering a crosswalk. This includes bicyclists too. Unfortunately, the HTT two wheelers don't think this law applies to them. Pete, not sure how you can excuse someone reaching inside someone's car and punching them in the face. These cyclists are out of control.

IMO, it's time to tax bicyclists who use public streets--and ask them to obey the same laws as everyone else.

I believe bicyclist are required by law to observe the traffic laws already.

FW, aren't you the small government, don't tax me or tell me what to do guy? And you are proposing that some group (guessing you are not a bike commuter) should be infringed upon by the government? very consistent and considerate you are.

Being a jackass is not a reason to be taxed. If so, then there would be a tax for everyone on this spray forum.

No, but demanding hundreds of millions of public dollars' worth of infrastructure and mitigation needs a financial sponsor. If anything, it seems cyclists should be grateful to motorists.

Fairweather's suppositions also ignore several other important facts:

-American roadways are not entirely funded by specific taxes that only motorists pay, and motorist taxes don't go only to roadways.

-Regardless of the fact above, most cyclists are also motorists and therefore are taxed in exactly the same manner as all other motorists, anyway.

-Cars and trucks are responsible for ALL of the wear and tear on roads.

-His proposed solution has absolutely NOTHING to do with the perceived problem (other than the fact that the hipsters who drive him crazy happen to ride bicycles in town).

Edited by E-rock

I love the faux outrage over bicyclists while cars kill and maim thousands a year. For the most part, bicyclists can be an annoyance while a car, at several thousands pounds, has to merely bump a bicycle with tragic cirmcustances. We can likely all come up with idiot bicycle and idiot car driver stories. I find that the vast majority of car drivers and bicyclists to be aware and safe.

Thought this was timely in the NYT yesterday: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/opinion/sunday/is-it-ok-to-kill-cyclists.html?_r=0

The vast majority if car-cyclist collisions in Seattle are driver-at-fault, according to Seattle DOT. A friend has been killed and another paralyzed. I've been hit twice, myself. But if course FW says it's the CYCLISTS who are out of control. Naturally. I wonder why you think I'd want to go ride bikes with you after saying something like this, Brian?

Last time I checked, the law says you're supposed to stop for someone entering a crosswalk. This includes bicyclists too. Unfortunately, the HTT two wheelers don't think this law applies to them.

Ha. And car drivers are always so good about stopping for ped's at crosswalks. In that dumb "news" story clip, there's like three cars that don't yield for the reporter before one cyclist goes by.

But cyclists ARE OUT OF CONTROL.

Last time I checked, the law says you're supposed to stop for someone entering a crosswalk. This includes bicyclists too. Unfortunately, the HTT two wheelers don't think this law applies to them.

Ha. And car drivers are always so good about stopping for ped's at crosswalks. In that dumb "news" story clip, there's like three cars that don't yield for the reporter before one cyclist goes by.

But cyclists ARE OUT OF CONTROL.

In Kirkland somany pedestrians get hit by cars a year, that many intersections have bright orange flags on each side of the road for peds to grab and hold high when crossing so dumbass drivers might see them better.

Fairweather's suppositions also ignore several other important facts:

-American roadways are not entirely funded by specific taxes that only motorists pay, and motorist taxes don't go only to roadways.

-Regardless of the fact above, most cyclists are also motorists and therefore are taxed in exactly the same manner as all other motorists, anyway.

-Cars and trucks are responsible for ALL of the wear and tear on roads.

-His proposed solution has absolutely NOTHING to do with the perceived problem (other than the fact that the hipsters who drive him crazy happen to ride bicycles in town).

This hits all the rebuttal points that come to mind for me, so I'll just repost it. :tup:

A dramatic incident and a handful of anecdotes does not equal data.