Beginner Ice/Mixed climber looking for partner

Jordon Foster

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jordon,

I just moved to Seattle and am dying to get out as much as possible this winter too! I have a lot of rock experience but no snow experience (which is part of the reason I moved to Seattle, to get more!. I have boots, crampons and an axe but no tools yet. I am a quick learner and I have time and lots of stoke if you are willing to go with a relative beginner. Let me know! My number is 267-280-2599 or shoot me back a message if that's easier.

Thanks,

David

Hey Jordon,

Are you wanting to do just ice climbing, like short routes up waterfall ice, or summits involving ice and rock, or everything? I enjoy the summits more myself, and I'm looking for a partner to do some climbing with until the middle or end of Dec. My passion is more in snow and ice than rock but I do enjoy rock a lot, and climb in the 5.8-5.9 comfortably in alpine situations. I have lots of snow/ice gear but no rock protection at the moment. I've done lots of mountaineering but mostly non-technical, though I have lots of training in technical climbing, and I'm super eager to get roped up and do some more interesting routes. I'm in Portland though. Let me know if you're still looking for a partner and we can figure something out!

Jordan (and others too!),

I'm fairly new to this area and this website; work brings me out this way from the east coast. I too seek climbing partners for PNW adventures…and I'm not adverse to driving down into Oregon either. I have a full alpine rack w/ doubles, ropes, ice tools etc and expedition gear. I don't have AT gear right now…still on snowshoes. I'm technically proficient with ropes (rescue, hauling, anchors etc) and a solid 5.8 (some 5.9) trad leader and I lead WI3 to 4-ish (think Ouray), but have little experience on AI. Not much experience on glaciers either. Looking to take an avalanche and a glacier course to round out my skill set for the PNW.

I'm up for almost anything. Chair Peak is on my short list as that looks like a great way to cut some teeth for winter climbing here. I'm not always available (time w/ the Mrs...), but get 3 day weekends 1-2x per month.

I'll continue to watch this section of the forums for requests or throw some of my own out.

Cheers,

-Russ

Hey Jordon, or any one else who may be interested.

I'm looking for a couple climbing partners as well. Moved to Everett, WA earlier this year, so still kind of new to the area. Been out of the climbing game for a few years while living in Louisiana, but starting to get back into it. I started out doing a lot of rock climbing and general mountaineering in Idaho then started getting a lot more interested in alpine and ice climbing. Have a couple seasons of ice climbing in Colorado, spent a winter and spring in Chamonix doing a bit of ski mountaineering and easier alpine routes.

shoot me an email if interested

-Abbott

abinator@cliffhanger.com

• 2 weeks later...