belay goggles?

rob

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine you won't be laughing too hard when you get diagnosed with degenerative disk syndrome in your cervical vertebrae due to years of craning your neck upwards belaying your partner hangdogging BBQ the Pope.

As goofy as they look, they're a godsend.

Edited by telemarker

I imagine you won't be laughing too hard when you get diagnosed with degenerative disk syndrome in your cervical vertebrae due to years of craning your neck upwards belaying your partner hangdogging BBQ the Pope.

As goofy as they look, they're a godsend.

Well said! I've been seeing these at Vertical World for a couple years now. Price is coming down, and cheaper versions are showing up. The longer you've been climbing, the more likely it is that you will need them. Particularly useful for belaying one pitch vertical routes. When John Bachar endorsed them, I was convinced. My neck hurts bad when I belay a lot in gyms. I'm planning to buy some this year.

neat! I had no idea, I incorrectly assumed they were retarded. I'm going to wait until they come out with a lightweight carbon pair or something, though. These look like they'd be heavy. Also, can I get these with my REI refund yet? Thanks and sorry for making fun!

Rob

The most important fashion accessory to have walking around Cham when browsing the Rolex shops is a monster over-stuffed shiny down jacket with various German logos on it. Bonus points for the matching husband/wife combo. The more you look like a scarab beetle, the better.

A skittles puke inspired color combo of loose-fitting ski gear and pom-pom hat, and some black crows skis will suffice for the Aiguille du Midi tram line. Nothing says "I rip the shit out the Mer de Glace" like the above.