Obama and his Lying Issues

Fairweather

Uh, yea, well that bubble was not one of the choices. And after this dem-o-crat debacle it won't be for a long, long time.

weren't you the feller floating pictures of unicorns the other page? reality is, you get two choices in this here country. should i have had more faith in mickey-caine n' bible-spice? :crazy:

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should i have had more faith in mickey-caine n' bible-spice? :crazy:

Yes, the Know-Nothing wing and the Do-Nothing wing are getting together for some big ideas next time around!

Hmmm, much better than the I'll-do-anything-I-want autocrat that you elected. Exactly where does he get this new power to change acts of Congress like the ACA at will?

Hillary Clinton, now there's a real go-getter. :rolleyes: You guys would do better with Elizabeth Warren. Which isn't saying much.

On the smoking and "bad choices" issue, having a single payer system would probably motivate the State to take on some of the entrenched interests that have been peddling known poisons with impunity for decades. I see a black market for Ho-Hos in our future... Fine by me, freedom isn't free.

Not always quite as simple as that when the state is the entrenched interest that's doing the peddling.

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/11/oregon_lottery_agency_pushes_s.html

I think the more likely outcome is clumsy attempts to determine the tax rate that optimizes revenue from ding-dongs and ho'-ho's under the pretext of promoting public health, and then finding creative ways for the bureaucracy that's pocketing the money itself to pretend that all of the naked self-dealing it's doing is in the public interest.

Here's another example:

http://freakonomics.com/2010/11/18/freakonomics-radio-could-a-lottery-be-the-answer-to-americas-poor-savings-rate/

The answer, in short, is no - not if state lottery boards have anything to do with it.

Even Lenin, Stalin, and Mao - probably *especially* Lenin and Mao would have a hearty chuckle over the idea that people magically turn benevolent once they start getting paid by the state and wielding political power. How have you managed to hang onto your touching idealism so far into adulthood - comrade?

What a weird world you've invented in which healthcare is withheld if the illness is "their fault" -- is it lonely over there?

indeed, for a man who fears Big Gubimint micro-managing our freedoms, where do you see the rabbit-hole of deciding which human behaviors deserve coverage or not hits bottom? hot chicks have to pay ten times higher premiums b/c they're 10X more likely to get the clap? no coverage for donut-fans? no covering tendon-pulls nor rectal sores for gay sport climbers? :)

at any rate, the big boozers, bastards, brawlers n' butt-smokers i've known over the years are/were inveterate doctor-haters and don't generally use any of the services they pay for in their youth and usually accept death pretty rapidly when it wanders their way in the form of cancer, heart-failure, etc.

The alternative to "withholding care" from people who have unhealthy lifestyles or dangerous habits is a system where they pay higher premiums and the state leaves them alone.

I'm surprised to learn that you prefer the alternative.

What a weird world you've invented in which healthcare is withheld if the illness is "their fault" -- is it lonely over there?

indeed, for a man who fears Big Gubimint micro-managing our freedoms, where do you see the rabbit-hole of deciding which human behaviors deserve coverage or not hits bottom? hot chicks have to pay ten times higher premiums b/c they're 10X more likely to get the clap? no coverage for donut-fans? no covering tendon-pulls nor rectal sores for gay sport climbers? :)

at any rate, the big boozers, bastards, brawlers n' butt-smokers i've known over the years are/were inveterate doctor-haters and don't generally use any of the services they pay for in their youth and usually accept death pretty rapidly when it wanders their way in the form of cancer, heart-failure, etc.

The alternative to "withholding care" from people who have unhealthy lifestyles or dangerous habits is a system where they pay higher premiums and the state leaves them alone.

I'm surprised to learn that you prefer the alternative.

And yet those most at risk of health problems associated with unhealthy lifestyles are those least able to bear the costs of higher taxes on cheap food and higher premiums. Somehow other governments have managed to nudge their people in the right direction and enforce more stringent regulations on food without succumbing to your tired stalinototalitarian nightmare fantasy.

*a minor 900 dollar per month handling fee and other bureaucratic pension fees may apply. your premiums may be more than advertised.

Expensive health care premiums? YAY FOR THE FOR-PROFIT MEDICAL INDUSTRY AND PRIVATE INSURANCE!!! amirite?

USA! USA! USA!

Somehow other governments have managed to nudge their people in the right direction and enforce more stringent regulations on food...

Yes, we've already seen how you guys do it.

chinese-farmer-kneeling-at-gunpoint-everett.jpg

I think you're doing it wrong, it's more like this

us_f_s_life.jpg

obesity_bar.gif

US_spends_much_more_on_health_than_what_might_be_expected_1_slideshow.jpg

Somehow other governments have managed to nudge their people in the right direction and enforce more stringent regulations on food...

Yes, we've already seen how you guys do it.

chinese-farmer-kneeling-at-gunpoint-everett.jpg

chinese communists acted no different than the chinese autocrats before them - as the american tradition, with all its warts, hasn't been prone to killings its citizens willy-nilly (well, the white ones at least) i'm pretty certain we can get us some gubimint healthcare w/o resorting to the gulag or the death-camp

it is a mighty fine bugabo to try to pin on the other side when your position is weapons-grade retarded though :)