Obama and his Lying Issues

Fairweather

Why stop there? Our system is totally fucked. I want private companies to compete and sell me products like on demand electricity, drinking water, sewage, and garbage pickup.

In many places they already do. Although I'm not sure why you would want someone to sell you sewage.

Edited by Fairweather

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine really has too. I now believe that our health outcomes should be equal no matter what. Even if we've worked very very hard, done well in school, saved and invested wisely, and we've exercised every day really hard and avoided foods that make us get chubby and poop on the meadows like TTK and vices that blacken our lungs we are all in this together. So I should be happy to pay for someone else to pay nothing to actually be more equal than me and put off fixing my house because this is what is best because the simple people like Rob told me that this is what is the most fairest of all.

Edited by Fairweather

Mine really has too. I now believe that our health outcomes should be equal no matter what. Even if we've worked very very hard, done well in school, saved and invested wisely, and we've exercised every day really hard and avoided foods that make us get chubby and poop on the meadows like TTK and vices that blacken our lungs we are all in this together. So I should be happy to pay for someone else to pay nothing to actually be more equal than me and put off fixing my house because this is what is best because the simple people like Rob told me that this is what is the most fairest of all.

:cry:

"Whaah!" Get over it.

That is a load of shit plain and simple. Actually illnesses are very democratic and serve their dishes to all kinds. Just walk into any hospital and see for yourself. The question I have is: why in the hell families should suffer financial hardships, just because someone is sick and maybe dying? I personally know 2 people, who lived as healthy as you can, both are dead now due to cancer at young age. Both families suffered hardships due to medical costs.

There will always be bad things that happen to healthy people, but according to the CDC 75% of all health care expenditures in this country are related to chronic illness, many of which are preventable.

I think it would certainly be a good idea to put some financial incentives towards eating well and exercising, but I suspect that most would think that this would be too intrusive on the part of gov't.

CBS News Update. Looks like I'm not alone--or even holding any sort of minority point of view: (except here, of course. :rolleyes: )

Turning Obamacare into a "political win" will be an uphill climb at this point: a CBS News poll conducted in mid-November showed that just 31 percent of Americans approved of the law, while 61 percent disapproved. Approval of the law had reached its lowest point yet recorded in CBS News polls and had dropped 12 points in just one month. The poll showed that fewer Americans view Mr. Obama as honest and trustworthy and fewer Americans approved of congressional Democrats' job performance.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/can-democrats-rehabilitate-obamacare/

how many of the 61% who disapprove of the law favored the old status quo i wonder?

you're a tard-tard if you think anybody here is a raging o-care fan as...uh...nobody (?) has said they prefer it over single payer?

Uh, yea, well that bubble was not one of the choices. And after this dem-o-crat debacle it won't be for a long, long time.

Edited by Fairweather

There will always be bad things that happen to healthy people, but according to the CDC 75% of all health care expenditures in this country are related to chronic illness, many of which are preventable.

I think it would certainly be a good idea to put some financial incentives towards eating well and exercising, but I suspect that most would think that this would be too intrusive on the part of gov't.

If your own health, well being and feeling good is not a good enough incentive, do you think fining people for being fat will? How about fining people for being stupid?

My incentive is feeling good at almost 50. However shit happens. How about educating people, and regulating better food industry.

CBS News Update. Looks like I'm not alone--or even holding any sort of minority point of view: (except here, of course. :rolleyes: )

Turning Obamacare into a "political win" will be an uphill climb at this point: a CBS News poll conducted in mid-November showed that just 31 percent of Americans approved of the law, while 61 percent disapproved. Approval of the law had reached its lowest point yet recorded in CBS News polls and had dropped 12 points in just one month. The poll showed that fewer Americans view Mr. Obama as honest and trustworthy and fewer Americans approved of congressional Democrats' job performance.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/can-democrats-rehabilitate-obamacare/

61%? Isnt that also what the disapproval rating of the GOP is? :laf: